Sevenoaks U15 - 29 Blackheath U15 - 0

On a sunny afternoon in front of large home crowd, the U15’s got off to a flying start in the Kent Cup campaign on Sunday. From the start Oaks dominated possession and territory and were always looking to get the ball out wide to their speedy backs.

Oaks went ahead after a Blackheath infringement at the breakdown thanks to good work from Smith & Martin, O’Donnell slotting over a penalty from 30 metres.

Oaks applied the pressure again and after a powerful burst through the middle by captain Wines, a clever inside ball to Hansen saw him stride under the posts with O’Donnell adding the extras.

Blackheath started putting some phases together, but Oaks dominant at the breakdown, turned the ball over again, the ball recycled to the backs and Wines again on the burst, leaving the opposition in his wake to go over out wide.

Half-time - 15-0

Oaks started the second half with the same tempo and physicality as we had shown throughout the first. It was yet another turnover that led to the 3rd try. Stewart turning the ball over and a quick pass to Jones at speed saw him race in for a try under the posts which was converted. 

Blackheath were keen to get points on the board and with some very clever play with forwards and backs linking they very almost did. A cheeky grubber through almost saw them score, but a great defensive display by Green (T) saved the day.

Quick thinking set up a remarkable try: from the resulting drop out, O’Donnell found a little space on the wing, a nasty bounce and great chase of his own kick, O’Donnell won the ball back at the breakdown, fed inside to Stone, Stone then put a very clever pass wide, back to O’Donnell to score under the posts for another converted try.

A comprehensive and stylish victory for Sevenoaks.

Final score - 29-0


Foster, Brown, Martin, Woolard, Green (L), Teare, Bernicchi, Smith, Hansen, Green(T), Sarkisian, Heesom, O’Donnell, Bram-De-Carvalho, Wines (c), Jones, Stewart, Heffer, Stone, Bingham, Marshall, Atkins