All the players did incredibly well today, particularly given we were so short of players. At Old Colfe’s the two teams between them won 6, drew 1 and lost 1. At Edenbridge the two teams won 4, drew 2 and lost 2.  

Please send photos for the blog to

Edenbridge Match Report (team 2)

Team 2: Jamie Wishart, Peter Lines, Ben Beazleigh, Edward Neale, Bruno Millward, Edward Stangroome, Jack Macleish, Mitchel Short

The guys started off in the usual Sevenoaks first game frame of mind, a Sunday walk rather than intense game of rugby. Typically we were pitched against our old adversaries, TJs - a team it would appear who do not understand the mixed team requirements!  Throughout the game the boys tried but were over run by some very good rucking. With Mitch being the only 1 true ruck in our game, we conceded 5-0 to TJs :-(

Next up after the usual ruck and tackle practice were Edenbridge - the home squad.  The Oaks came out firing on all cylinders. With some good rucking coming from Peter and Edward N as well as some pure heart tackles from Jamie and Jack, the team were able to break through with a try each from Bruno, Ben and Mitch. 3-0 to the Mighty Oaks

Coming straight after our 2nd game victory, a quick drink and back on to play Tunbridge Wells. The boys were riding high!  Some good tackles coupled with straight power running, Jack gets on the score sheet first. Now Oaks are starting to try and use the pitch - Ben held out on the wing gaining space and driving through to our second try. A second half glitch let the kick off beat them with an easy try to TW. Even so, with great tackling from both Edwards and expert rucking from Peter, confidence was high and Bruno showed it, driving forward to put two more on the scoresheet. 4-1 final score. 

Last game was back against our foe - TJs (team2). The guys were not willing to lose this one and played with pure heart. Some end to end stuff but Oaks showing some good defensive lines and with true grit, overturned the initial play to get Peter through for his first try. Judds did manage to get one back but we did not make it easy for them and that only drove us forward with mor tries from Jamie, Ben and Bruno. Ending the game 5-1 to Oaks. 

Won 3, lost 1 - a great day of rugby


Edenbridge match report

Oaks 1 team : Liam Bartholet, Clovis Chaboissier, Monty Farmer, Charlie Gillespie, Jack Kaye, TheoMitchell- Clark, Imogen Mockford and Aaron Skeels.

Sevenoaks played four games . Sidcup were first up. A strong physical teamwhere we struggled in the first half to compete at the breakdown. Some great support and direct running secured a hard fought 2-2 draw. Next up TJ's 2. They struggled to compete with a Sevenoaks team who had kick started themselves into life. Some great turn over play and eye catching zig zag runs contributed to Oaks running out 4-2 winners. 

Due to fixture back log we had a back to back match against TJ's 1 . A far different set of players against some tired legs within the Oaks team who struggled to win at the breakdown and were soundly beaten 6-0. With a rested bodiesand energy drinks on board the drive and determination returned in the final game against Tunbridge Wells. A slick and determined oaks 1 won the battleground of the breakdowns and ended up running in winners 6-2.

This was a great team effort with contributions from all players who should be immensely proud of their performance throughout the festival. 


Old Colfe’s match reports

We had two teams at Old Colefians today, the imaginatively named Sevenoaks 1 and Sevenoaks 2…..

Sevenoaks 1: Thomas Hyde, Brennan O'Keefe, Ollie Dimond, Sandy Carrick, Freddie Lowndes, Oliver Richardson,   Colby Bedford-Eatwell and Charlie Drysdale with Max Weststrate being drafted in for injury cover from the third game.

First up we had an easy game against Beccehamians and we ran out 6-2 winners. The boys played well though and the choice piece of play was a rip from Ollie D to feed Thomas who then jinked through some heavy traffic to touch down. Freddie took the ball forward a number of times and was often found in good supporting positions throughout the day. Charlie, Brennan, Sandy and a Thomas hat-trick made up the scoring.

Next up was TJ's and by far the toughest game of the day. We got better as the day unfolded and if we had met them later in the tournament it may have been a different story. TJ's were ferocious in their hits and rucking and this took us by surprise in the first half when all the damage was done. However, the boys dug deep and produced their best performance for the second half standing toe to toe with the oppo with Oliver R, Colby, Sandy and Charlie in particular matching the physicality thrown at them. The boys should be rightly proud of their performance and it was not reflected in the 6-0 score.

The physicality of the TJ's game left its mark with Brennan and Charlie both carrying knocks into the next game so Max Westrate was drafted over to fill the gap.  Beckenham's try at the very start of the game was a direct result of an injury changeover. Beckenham got another score against the run of play but the boys didn't let it get them down and built a good position to release Brennan for a run to the try line taking 3 opposing players over the line to score our first. This was his last act of the day as this brave effort aggravated his injury and he could not continue. At half time we were 2-1 down but the boys were determined to overhaul the deficit. In the second half Thomas had another great run to get over the line. Then towards the end great defensive pressure pushed Beckenham back for Oliver R to rip the ball and drive over the line. In a cruel twist of fate Beckenham got a last chance equaliser (3-3) but we know we were the better team.

The last game of the day was OAs. Sevenoaks proved the far better team and despite the lack of a substitutes bench looked to have more stamina than the OAs. Max got a brace with one particularly impressive run down the wing at lightning speed. Ollie D, in the thick of it all day, capitalising on some good pressure from Sandy ripped the ball once again and finished wit a try of his own. Sandy also got across the whitewash to make the final score 4-0 rounding the day off as it should have been.

Well played everyone.

Sevenoaks 2: Harry Bouverie, William Brooke, Kyle Cameron, Ethan Henrey, Taylor Nash, Gerran Prescott, Rory Staunton, Joel Walter, Max Weststrate (first 2 games)

Oaks team 2 started to get their bucket and spades out on arrival at Old Colfe’s. There was more sand on the pitch than grass! Luckily they weren’t distracted for too long as their first opponents were Blackheath, who were likely to be the toughest opposition of the day. It was a close fought first half with Oaks just squeezing over the line to go 1-0 up. Blackheath piled on the pressure with Oaks losing too many balls at the ruck. Blackheath pulled the score back to 1-1. Cameron settled the game showing great speed whilst running around the opposition with his second of eight tries in the day. The final score was 3-1 to the Oaks.

Next up were Old Elthamians, another strong squad with lots of subs. After a tentative start in the first game to rucking, the Oaks were completely transformed in this match and won the ball at the breakdown time and again. Henrey exhibited steely determination as he got stuck into close contact – he wasn’t going to be pushed back.  After some wonderful team play, Weststrate utilised his trade-mark side stepping to leave the Old Es players clutching at thin air as he made his way over for the final try making the score 3-1.

Although the Oaks were now down to 8 men, they were on a roll. Cranbrook didn’t stand a chance as the player of the tournament Prescott took charge of the breakdown and barrelled over for 2 tries. After some near misses in the first couple of matches, Brook used his canny skills to be in the right place at the right time and pulled off 2 interception tries. Bouverie took his favourite route 1 to go straight through the middle of the opposition and over the try line. The final score was 6-0 to the Oaks.

In the last game, the Oaks showed some complacency from the first whistle as Bromley ran through some weak Oaks tackle attempts to go 1-0 up. The Oaks rallied round each other and showed some fantastic team spirit as they went on to bag a hat full of tries. Six of the 8 players scored as they encouraged each other to take the ball and ‘have a go’. Nash showed great strength to run through several tackles for his try. Staunton took the ball in his own half pushed through numerous tackle attempts and launched over the line for his. Walter used his dancing feet as he ran through heavy traffic to go over for his score. The final score was 9-2 to the Oaks. A great end to great day!