The first visit to Farnborough on a bright Remembrance Day Sunday morning.

Sevenoaks Hawks : Eleanor, Ben K, Ben Millet Gerran Prescott, Oliver Richardson, Jonny Chambers, Edward Stangroome, Sam McCann, Harry House and Jack McCleish.  

Sevenoaks Eagles : Charlie Gillespie, Sammy Tansley, Jack K, Zach, Rory Staunton, Freddie Lowndes, Mitch Short, Sandy Carrick and Ethan Henry


The Hawks swooped into action from the first whistle against the Staines.

With some solid defence and fine running, the Hawks were able to score a fine victory. 

Next up was the local derby against Sevenoaks Eagles. By far and away the closest match of the day, all ten players worked hard as a team but unfortunately ran out a close second by a single try. Special mention to Gerran and Oliver for tirelessly tackling, rucking and driving.

We then had two minutes silence which, I am proud to be able to report, was observed impeccably.

After the break, we faced the two home teams of Farnborough A and then B. In the first we ran out winners with good running from Harry and Jack in particular. Sam McC had clearly been well rested before this match as he really stepped up and scored some superb tries. The second was a closer affair, but the Hawks' teamwork shone through with notable performances from Ben K and Eleanor.

Finally we were up against Sutton in their Baa Baas kit. By this time some fatigue was setting in and it was helpful that we had established a good first half lead as in the second we came under a lot of pressure - we could easily have been on the wrong side of the score line. However, once again the Hawks delivered and with the finest swooping, diving and soaring we finished our time on the pitch in the best way possible. Special mention to Ben M for some very determined tackling. 


The Eagles first prey were Farnborough A.

Some superb rucking and straight line running from Sammy Tansley and Rory Staunton secured a 3-0 half time lead. The team were displaying huge confidence with ball in hand being  dispatched to the wings with great tries from Freddie, Ethan and Zach. The eagles ran out 7-1 winners. 

Next up Epsom and Ewell. Great individual skill and physicality from Sandy Carrick produced  2 early tries running through 5 tackles. Jack Kaye ripped the ball from the opposition and powered his way over the try line with sheer determination and strength touching down through many of the opposition.Eagles running out 5-1 winners. 

Next up as described above Oaks Eagles v Hawks. Some great combative play with tackles, rucks and mauls   all over the field from the first minute of the match. Honour's almost even until Eagles scored a second try late on in the game.  Awesome straight line running and power shown by Charlie Gillespie inspired the team on. The Eagles next opposition up Staines. A powerful team with determined players.The team were showing signs of fatigue . Eagles 3-1 down at half time but determined to Fight back. Brilliant straight line running and determination from Mitch enabled the team to fight back 3-3. With two minutes of time remaining Staines scored a breakaway try. Not to be out  done Eagles dug deep and scored a last minute try with   Sublime passing out to the wing for Ethan to score. Final score 4-4.The last game of the day  against Farnborough B saw the team complete a great days rugby with 5 tries being scored, running out 5-1 winners.


The U10 Eagles

The U10 Eagles

The U10 Eagles

The U10 Eagles



The festival adopted a scoring process in line with England RFU TREDS framework (teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship). Sevenoaks Hawks proudly flew off onto the afternoon sun with the trophy of the day and Eagles finishing second. All players should be hugely proud of the contribution they made to the festival.

1 Comment