So the Sevenoaks U13s girls made the journey to Sutton and Epsom RFC, for round 2 of the South East U13s Girls rugby championship.

The team comprised Maddie Roff, Anna Jones, Catherine Davies, Millie Rabbitt, Tori Sellors, Hannah Walton and Zoe Clark.

Game 1 Horsham

The girls had trained hard and were ready for the challenge. Horsham were well drilled but unable to cope with the pace of the Oaks attack. Quick ball and a number of turnovers put Oaks in control and at the final whistle the score was 8-0 to Sevenoaks (tries Davies 3, Roff 3, Sellors 1, Jones 1).

Game 2 Uckfield

Oaks were growing in confidence, off loading well and securing the ball through great rucking skills from Sellors, who bought another dimension to the play, enabling the speed of their backs to show. At the final whistle the score was 11-0 to Oaks (tries Rabbitt 2, Davies 2, Sellors 1, Roff 4, Jones 2)

Game 3 Sutton and Epsom

A tough game, the teams drawing level at 4 all the last time they met in the competition and with Sutton having the benefit of home support. Sevenoaks knew they were in a game from the outset. Both teams showed great attack and defence, but the breakthrough came with a great 'team' try from Oaks scored by Jones. Sutton were spurred on by home support and put Oaks under immense pressure after the break, pulling one back to even the score at 1 a piece. Oaks though were determined and pressed and pressed until Davies made the breakthrough with a great individual try to make the score 2-1, with 3 minutes to go. Shortly afterwards Davies left the field injured and Sevenoaks remained camped in the Sutton half. Rabbitt went over only for the ball to be held up. As Sutton was  unable to break the resilient Oaks, who were determined to hold on to their lead. At the final whistle Oaks had held firm to win 2-1. (Tries Davies 1, Jones 1)

Game 4 Aylesford

In the final game Oaks faced an Aylesford team who had won 2 and drawn with S&E 4 all. Oaks were caught straight away by a great running try by the Aylesford winger to put the opposition in front. Oaks were a team playing with confidence and determination, looking to fight back. 3 quick tries took the wind out of Aylesford's sails and a couple of injuries with 3 more tries from Oaks put the game out of Aylesford's reach.

At the whistle Oaks won 6-1 (tries Jones 3, Davies 2, Sellors 2),

A fantastic afternoon seeing Oaks again run out -- winners with a total of 27 tries scored to 2 conceded.

1 Comment