Sevenoaks Rugby Club opened the 2016/17 season to Juniors at Savills Family Membership Day on Sunday 11 September.
Under clear blue skies and blazing sunshine more than 650 junior players enjoyed the fun and excitement of the start of a new rugby season.
Other highlights included:
- 76 Under 6s stepping out in the navy and gold with Sevenoaks Rugby for the first time
- Free teas and coffees courtesy of Sevenoaks Rugby's main sponsor, Savills
- A drone capturing video and stills from overhead, including a 'Spielberg' moment as new Head of Junior Rugby Danny Jones directed a panoramic photo shoot of all players, coaches and parents
- Inaugural meeting of the Club's Coach Development Programme led by Head Coach Adam Bowman and Director of Rugby Roger McKerlie
- A new suite of tackle pads helping hone contact skills, funded by the £500 Sevenoaks Rugby Club receives when members sell their homes through Savills
- Senior Squad players providing coaching input during Academy and other age group training sessions.
"Sunday's always a special day at the Paddock and I was particularly impressed by Savills Family Membership Day," said Sevenoaks Rugby Chairman, Trevor Nicholson. "Our aim to be the south east's leading amateur rugby club involves a lot of hard work behind the scenes by 100s of volunteers, and it's thanks to them that the day went so well. This Friday from 6.30pm we have the Chairman's Thank You drinks in the Clubhouse as one small way of saying 'thank you' to all our volunteers for everything they do."
"We were delighted to be able to support the Savills Family Membership day,"said Dominick Brown, Director, Residential sales, Savills Sevenoaks. "Seeing over 650 junior players turn out for the club was a sight to behold and we are proud to be the Club's main sponsor. We wish Sevenoaks Rugby every success during the 2016/7 season."