The Club has secured a regular, and free, weekly Friday afternoon slot in the large Gym at Combe Bank School, Sundridge for boys and girls in the Under 11s to Under 15s.
Nick Wilkinson, our Rugby Development Officer (RDO), plus Sevenoaks Rugby's volunteer coaches will run the training session. Please email Nick.Wilkinson.email@example.com or text Nick (m 07974 94 55 66) to confirm you are coming and give an idea of numbers. More details below.
- Date: Every Friday during term time from 20 November 2015 onwards
- Time: 4:00pm to 5:30pm, if you can only get there for 4.30pm it's fine to come along for an hour.
- Venue: Gymnasium (indoors), Combe Bank School, Combe Bank Drive, Sundridge, Sevenoaks, Kent TN14 6AE
- Kit: Shorts, T-Shirt, Trainers (Clean / not Muddy), water bottle
- Format: Three training zones for players to rotate through: Touch Rugby / Skill Squares / Strength & Conditioning, run by Better Body Group (see below).
The strength and conditioning programme aims to help children, boys and girls from U11 to U15, understand correct body position for the physical aspects of rugby, sport and even everyday lifting. The qualified professionals running the session are experienced in working with young children to develop correct posture and strength to lift, push, jump and specific to rugby, scrum, ruck, maul and tackle. The programme is not about the 'body beautiful' or 'pumping iron', and focuses on practical advice, training and conditioning for 10-15 year olds. If you have any questions please contact George, Jason or Sam at Better Body Group on 01732 451 979, or visit their website. The strength and conditioning taster session gives a flavour of a more extensive 6 and 12 week programmes run by the Group.